Terumo Aortic are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team during an exciting time of growth and investment on site. This is an excellent role working alongside our experienced team and offering fantastic career opportunities.
The main responsibilities of the role are;
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety related activities are undertaken in accordance with company policy at all times.
- Assist in ensuring a high level of visibility of Environmental Health and Safety throughout the Company, and contribute to the development and roll out of Environmental Health and Safety related projects.
- Provide support and administration in the maintenance of a highly effective and proactive Environmental Health and Safety management system.
- Provide support and guidance to all employees (and where applicable, visitors and contractors) as needed to ensure the effective implementation of all relevant Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead and complete COSHH assessments, including sourcing related documents including review of Safety Data sheets.
- Assist in maintaining and updating COSHH risk register and associated compliance action trackers.
- Assist in internal and external Environmental Health and Safety audit programmes as required to evaluate compliance and meet the needs of the business and the achievement of its objectives.
- Assist in the co-ordination of occupational hygiene and air emission monitoring programmes, liaising with external contractors and relevant stake holders as required, in support of COSHH and PPC regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the review of external contractor EH&S documentation, to include RA/MS documentation and related paperwork, in support of operational activities in conjunction with other Environmental Health & Safety Department associates and relevant stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with changing legislation, processes, and techniques with special reference to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Assist the wider EH&S department as required in co-ordinating site emergency evacuations.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Good technical knowledge of COSHH Regulations and or COSHH Assessor Level 2 accreditation is required.
- Good working knowledge of current U.K. Environmental Health and Safety Legislation
- General awareness of ISO 14001 (environmental) and ISO 45001 (health and safety) management system requirements.
- A recognised (e.g. BSI, CQI, IRCA etc.) internal auditor qualification is desirable.
- A recognised (e.g. IEMA) environmental qualification is desirable.
- A recognised (e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH etc.) safety qualification is desirable.
- First Aid Certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment or within an EH&S related role is desirable.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and have the able to engage with people at all levels of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral .
- IT literate with excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Be able to prioritise and manage tasks effectively.