As part of our Facilities Engineering team, Terumo Aortic are seeking an experienced Equipment Engineering Lead. This role is to carry out maintenance, calibrations and associated tasks on production equipment and services Support engineering improvements to deliver improved yield equipment reliability across our site. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to further develop their career.
Key Duties will include:
- Carry out routine checks and maintenance on process and test equipment
- Carry out repairs and modifications to process and test equipment
- Manufacture and assemble new equipment to meet required specifications and comply with H&S standards
- Carry out or co-ordinate the safe installation of new equipment
- Contribute to the design and development of new equipment
- Identify cost saving opportunities in materials and equipment parts and own the validation of changes to capitalise on these opportunities
- Perform equipment calibrations and preventative & reactive maintenance
- Support equipment and process validations in collaboration with manufacturing engineering team
- Develop, maintain and improve equipment performance related KPl's
- Participate in required QMS audits and ensure appropriate actions are taken in relation to audit findings
- Maintain equipment asset information, spares requirements and asset replacement strategy
- Perform any other duties/tasks/projects as require by management
- Assume other reasonable responsibilities from time-to-time in order to support plant’s strategic plan and personal career plans
- Supervise assigned engineers within the Equipment engineering team, to ensure individual allocated tasks are met within agreed timescales, allocating tasks to team members as appropriate.
- Develop and train Equipment Engineers, ensuring knowledge sharing across all business areas, equipment types and specialities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and forecasting for business calibration requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to Degree in Electronics, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering discipline or relevant industry experience
- Experience of maintaining a wide range of process equipment
- Competent in the use of CMMS systems
- Knowledge of statistical tools and MS Office applications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision