Terumo Aortic are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Material Controller to join our team. This is an exciting role to work in partnership with production areas to maintain balanced workflow during a period of high growth and investment within the business. This role offers excellent career development and job satisfaction.
The main responsibilities are;
- Ensure objectives on Health and Safety are delivered.
- Conduct required stock checks, ensuring accurate completion and update of relevant systems to reflect actual quantities.
- Investigate stock deviations and highlight to warehouse and planning teams as appropriate.
- Prepare and action stock requests for production areas.
- Support the Manufacturing & Shift Leads in the execution of the business plan (S&OP plan).
- Respond to changes in demands in a timely manner.
- Allocation of W/O to Process areas by due date sequence to maintain resource utilisation & balanced process.
- Maintain adherence to plan highlighting deviations from schedule for resolution.
- Communicate WO priorities & schedule sequencing to relevant Manufacturing & Shift Leads.
- Support manufacture of all products in-line with quality requirements.
- Manage and report the key operational metrics to maintain WIP accuracy.
- Attend production planning meetings, providing updates as required.
- Support improvement activities, including but not limited to, 5S; Kaizen Events; Continuous Improvement activities.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of key objectives.
- Assume other responsibilities from time-to-time to support plant objectives and personal career development.
Qualifications & Experience;
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with a manufacturing shop floor data collection software, such as SAP & MFG Pro.
- Experiencing of managing production workflow.
- Understanding of Lean Tools and their applications in Manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including MS Word and Excel.