Terumo Aortic are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to join our team on a permanent basis. During a period of high growth for the business, this is an exciting role for someone that offers career development and working with a great team.
The main responsibilities of the role are;
- Using benchmarking techniques, identify & introduce competition into the company supply base, evaluate responses from suppliers and select most competitive suppliers for order placement.
- Ensure that all new suppliers are appraised through relevant quality approval & evaluation system prior to inclusion on the company’s approved vendors list (AVL).
- Ensure supplier adherence to SLA conditions & terms and conditions of purchase.
- Work with existing suppliers to develop continuous improvement programs to improve quality, reduce purchase cost and rationalise supply base.
- Run MRP exception reports on a regular basis. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to prevent shortages whilst also eliminating overstocking situations, by following & interrogating MRP exception data.
- Converting PR’s to PO’s ensuring correct supplier and best price is negotiated.
- Highlight any shortages & potential shortages as and when they occur via company shortage report mechanism and via regular attendance at relevant meetings.
- Develop and improve communication and relationship with the company’s supply base to ensure service level expectations are achieved.
- Assist goods inwards personnel with any purchase order receipts queries.
- Assist finance with any invoice queries.
- Expedite delivery of critical components, in line with purchase order & schedule requirements.
- Assist in the compilation of supplier performance scorecards to monitor and develop incumbent suppliers.
- Conduct regular face to face meetings with suppliers on and off site. Although this requirement can be infrequent, visiting the supplier at their premises, mainly UK/Europe (although not restricted to this) is required to ensure the supplier is sustainable, increase our company's profile, improve communication and service level options.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement & development of the procurement function by constantly challenging processes and idea generation on a regular basis.
- Hybrid working will be offered after successful probation and will be a minimum of 2 days on site each week but flexibility will be required due to business requirements.
Qualifications & Experience;
- Be educated to HNC or HND standard, ideally with a CIPS level 3 or above qualification.
- Significant experience of a large fully integrated MRP/ERP system.
- Effective and articulate communicator.
- ISO auditor preferred (9001 or 13485)