Terumo Aortic are currently looking to recruit a procurement specialist to join out team on a permanent basis. During a period of high growth for the business, this is an exciting role for someone that offers career development and working with a great team.
The main responsibilities of the role are;
- Sourcing consumables, equipment & services as per departmental requirements specifications (URS).
- Identify & introduce competition into the company supply base, evaluate responses from suppliers and select most competitive suppliers for order placement ensuring that the company receives best value from current and new supply base.
- Indirect purchase orders are delivered on time, to cost and at the specified quality
- Ensure that all new suppliers are appraised through relevant quality approval & evaluation system prior to inclusion on the company’s approved vendors list (AVL)
- Work with existing suppliers to develop continuous improvement programs to improve quality, reduce purchase cost and rationalise supply base
- Converting PR’s to PO’s ensuring correct supplier and best price is agreed before approving
- Highlight any shortages & potential shortages as and when they occur via company shortage report mechanism and via regular attendance at relevant meetings
- Improve relationship management with suppliers by compiling supplier performance scorecards to monitor and develop incumbent suppliers to ensure service level expectations are adhered to as well as T&Cs of purchase.
- Maintaining contract list to ensure proactive monitoring of expiry dates with contract holders
- Monitoring, contract review, negotiation, and approval of TA’s Corporate authorisation system.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Procurement experience essential
- Level 3 Procurement specialist desirable
- SAP experience
- Indirect Procurement experience with SLA’s, contract T&C’s